Monday Feature

Friday, January 13, 2017

Snow & Winter soundtrack

I'm currently working on the manuscript of Snow & Winter Book Three. As whenever I write Sebastian and Calvin, I find myself having to listen to a very strict set of songs or ambience sounds, otherwise my mind wanders terribly and before I know it, I've stared at the wall for three hours, had five cups of coffee, and checked Facebook no less than eighty-four times.

In fact, I only wrote a few hundred words this morning before deciding to put together this post. But hey, don't tell me what to do, you're not my editor! (I love her, by the way.) So for anyone interested, here's what's usually on repeat when Sebastian is sleuthing and giving Calvin a headache.

Brand New - Sic Transit Gloria... Glory Fades


Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong - Dream a Little Dream of Me


G-Eazy x Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself & I


The Glenn Miller Orchestra - In The Mood


Louis Armstrong - What a Wonderful World


Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks


Panic! At The Disco - Collar Full


Three Days Grace - Animal I Have Become


One Republic - Everybody Loves Me


Frank Sinatra - New York, New York


Fire crackle. Yep, most of Curiosities was written to this, actually.


Do any of these songs feel Snow & Winter-y to you? Are you surprised by some? Do you have your own music that makes you think of Sebastian or Calvin?

No comments:

Post a Comment