Monday Feature

Monday, March 27, 2017

Monday Feature: Elizabeth Noble



C.S.: What do you write?
Elizabeth: The romance genres I’m partial to writing are suspense/thriller/mystery, scifi, contemporary romance and urban fantasy. I also write scifi, urban fantasy and espionage thrillers.

C.S.: Why do you enjoy these genres?
Elizabeth: One little phrase: Action/adventure. I gravitate to the same sort of story whether I’m reading or watching. While I adore character interactions and relationships, for me, adding some element of danger or adventure is like the icing on the cake. My particular favorite is the ‘man against man and the elements’ sort of story.

C.S.: Tell us about your writing space.
Elizabeth: I LOVE my writing spaces. Yes, I said spaces. Nowadays I share my home with a dog and cat, so my writing space is sort of the whole house. In the second bedroom I created my office—a.k.a. The Rabid Fangirl Room! I paneled and stained and faux painted it all myself. All my movie posters, Star Trek paraphernalia (I still have to hang the big model of the Enterprise) and Supernatural collectables are in there living quite peacefully together. This room also is home to framed prints of my book covers.
In the warmer months I have what I refer to as my outdoor office. It’s the patio in my backyard. Full sun never hits it so it’s a pleasant writing space.

C.S.: What sort of work-related items do you keep at hand?
Elizabeth: I’ve lived in this house going on twelve years now. About nine or ten years ago digital content was taking off. That’s I decided to go digital or I was afraid my first floor and basement were going to meet because of all the books, movies, CDs and magazines I had.
All my work-related items are digital and therefore always with me! I use OneNote and Trello for notes, to keep track of ideas and what I’m doing in general. When I collaborate I use Google Drive. Since there are aps as well as desktop and website versions there is nowhere I go that I don’t have my writing tools.
I do have a few thesaurus, word finders and reference books in a number of subjects sitting on the shelves.

C.S.: What’s the weirdest item you keep nearby that’s not at all beneficial to writing?
Elizabeth: I won’t say they’re not beneficial, but I have the ashes of a dog and cat who’ve passed away. They always laid in my office while I worked, so they’re still here.

C.S.: Do you have any ‘good luck’ charms?
Elizabeth: Yes, I do! I have a collection of crystals and stones sitting on my shelves. I like them because they’re pretty, but I’ve been told some have the power to attract and center energy. What sort of urban fantasy/scifi writer would I be if I didn’t believe just a little bit in their powers?

C.S.: What’s easily the most distracting item in your writing space?
Elizabeth: Not much really. My office is set up to be a comfortable work-space and I’m happy sitting in there for hours getting new chapters written or existing works edited.

C.S.: Do you have any bad habits when you write?
Elizabeth: I get distracted when I stop to research. No matter how hard I try to do complete research before I begin writing, it never fails that I need to do more.

C.S.: What time of day are you most creative?
Elizabeth: There is no particular time. I do a lot of writing at night, out of habit mostly. When my children were little that the only time I really had. Now, that’s when I’m not working my day job, but if I’m not at work I’ll work on projects at all times of the day and night.

C.S.: Do you have any ‘helpful’ pets?
Elizabeth: My dog, Rosie and my cat, Murphy.

C.S.: What do you do to de-stress or enjoy that’s unrelated to writing?
Elizabeth: I garden when the weather is appropriate. I’m a big astronomy buff. Exercise is a good way to de-stress, so Rosie and I walk at least a half mile most days. Finally, odd as it may sound writing and research are also ways I unwind.

C.S.: Do you drink or snack while writing?
Elizabeth: Oh, heavens, yes. Coffee, tea, iced tea, fruit, pizza, Chinese and sometimes a whole meal.

C.S.: Listen to music? If so, does the soundtrack change with projects?
Elizabeth: I do, but I generally don’t have any particular soundtrack. I either set my music to shuffle and play or I pick a genre through my Echo Dot. My computer monitor is large enough I can split the screen between a document and a player so I’ll sometimes watch a show or movie while I work. I can’t concentrate in silence.

C.S.: Question from the audience: If you were stuck on a desert island, and could take one romance and one genre book (of your choice) with you, what would they be?
Elizabeth: Black Beauty by Anna Sewell and a book called He, She and It by Marge Piercy, which isn’t a traditional romance at all!

 
Release Date: 1/17/2017

Blurb: The members of the Vampire Guard—Jonas Forge, spy and soldier turned cop; computer hacker extraordinaire Blair Turner; Declan, thief, con man, and ex-pirate; and medical examiner and werewolf Dr. Lucas Coate—face a dangerous and elusive enemy.

And this time, it’s personal.

Over the course of three hundred years, a man has touched each of their lives in ways they are only just realizing. When a hunt for a psychotic killer in the present resurrects memories and clues from the past, they discover how they have been affected and are bound by the existence of a ruthless vampire criminal. Now, while preventing a heist at a high-tech art show and thwarting several large-scale explosions, the team must employ their unique blend of science and supernatural abilities to put an end to the machinations of the man toying with their lives.

This time, he won’t slip through their fingers.

This time, it’s more than a case. It’s a hunt, and Forge, Blair, Declan, and Lucas won’t stop until they’ve captured their quarry.




 
Author Bio: Elizabeth Noble started telling stories before she actually knew how to write, and her family was very happy when she learned to put words on a page. Those words turned into fan fiction that turned into a genuine love of M/M romance fiction. Being able to share her works with Dreamspinner is really a dream come true. She has a real love for a good mystery complete with murder and twisty plots as well as all things sci-fi, futuristic, and supernatural and a bit of an unnatural interest in a super-volcano in Wyoming.
Elizabeth has three grown children and is now happily owned by an adorable mixed breed canine princess and one tabby cat. She lives in her native northeast Ohio, the perfect place for gardening, winter and summer sports (go Tribe and Cavs!). When she's not writing she's working as a veterinary nurse, so don't be surprised to see her men with a pet or three who are a very big part of their lives.
Elizabeth received several amateur writing awards. Since being published several of her novels have received honorable mentions in the Rainbow Awards. Her novel Jewel Cave was a runner up in the 2015 Rainbow awards in the Gay Mystery/Thriller category. Ringed Love was a winner in the Gay Fantasy Romance category of the 2016 Rainbow Awards.




Thank you for supporting indie authors! Be sure to leave your own questions or comments for Elizabeth!


C.S.
xo

1 comment: