Latest Book

Latest Book

Monday, March 13, 2017

Monday Feature: Riley Hart



C.S.: What do you write?
Riley: Gay contemporary romance.

C.S.: Why do you enjoy this genre?
Riley: Because it’s emotional, passionate, and touches the heart. I’ve always loved writing and reading happily ever afters and I’m a passionate supporter of equality. My heart is in LGBT romance.

C.S.: Tell us about your writing space.
Riley: I work in an office, upstairs in my house. It used to be a family room but my husband added a door and a wall and now it’s my space.

C.S.: What sort of work-related items do you keep at hand?
Riley: A pen and a notebook. I do any plotting, note taking or anything like that with pen and paper. I use a different one for each book.

C.S.: What’s the weirdest item you keep nearby that’s not at all beneficial to writing?
Riley: Um… my bills sit on my desk taunting me. LOL.

C.S.: Do you have any ‘good luck’ charms?
Riley: No.

C.S.: What’s easily the most distracting item in your writing space?
Riley: Nothing. I love it.

C.S.: Do you have any bad habits when you write?
Riley: Not that I can think of.

C.S.: What time of day are you most creative?
Riley: Morning and early afternoon, by far. I’m emotionally drained and tired by the late afternoon or evening. Too many other things going on during that time.

C.S.: Do you have any ‘helpful’ pets?
Riley: I have three “helpful” dogs—Quinn, Cooper and Oso.

C.S.: What do you do to de-stress or enjoy that’s unrelated to writing?
Riley: Read. LOL. Or go see a movie and hang out with my family. I’m also a huge bubble bath person. And my family loves motocross.

C.S.: Do you drink or snack while writing?
Riley: It depends. I always begin writing with my first cup of coffee in the morning.

C.S.: Listen to music? If so, does the soundtrack change with projects?
Riley: Nope. I’m one of the few authors who doesn’t listen to music while I write.

C.S.: Question from the audience: What is your dream vacation?
Riley: I want to go to Scotland and Ireland and visit castles and pubs!


Release Date: February 6, 2017

Blurb: Oliver Hayes wears his heart on his sleeve, and his friends never let him forget it. Every Friday night spent at Wild Side, their favorite West Hollywood bar, Oliver’s lack of hookups becomes the hot topic. It’s not that he doesn’t want a good time. He just wants it to mean something, which is a lofty goal when he’s still pining after his childhood crush, Matt, who left ten years ago to start a new life in New York City.

Matt Daniels has always felt most at home seated at a piano. He might not have entirely fit in with his family and friends, but he was always able to find himself in music. Or at least he did before he gave up his dream a lifetime ago. Now, he has a successful modeling career and should be enjoying every second of it. Yet nothing feels right, and Matt fears he’s losing himself.

Just when Oliver decides to get over Matt for good, Matt waltzes back into LA. As Matt struggles to understand what he’s missing in his seemingly perfect life, he falls right back into leaning on Oliver for support. Things aren’t what they used to be between them, though. They tumble into bed together, and it’s hard not to continue ending up there. For the first time in years, Matt’s inspired to compose again, reigniting a spark he thought long extinguished.

But as always, Oliver can’t keep his heart in check, and soon Matt realizes he’s gone for Oliver too. The biggest question is, can he fully give himself to someone if he still hasn’t figured out how to love himself?



Author Bio: Riley Hart is the girl who wears her heart on her sleeve. She's a hopeless romantic. A lover of sexy stories, passionate men, and writing about all the trouble they can get into together. If she's not writing, you'll probably find her reading. Riley lives in California with her awesome family, who she is thankful for everyday.



Join Riley’s giveaway for a chance to win (1) e-copy of Gone for You!

Thank you for supporting indie authors. Be sure to leave your own questions or comments!


C.S.
xo

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the interview. I love your office, so clean and uncluttered.
    Ireland is a wonderful, green country. Well worth visiting. The people are so friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the wonderful interview! I so want to go to Scotland and Ireland too! My in-laws have gone to Ireland twice in the last few years, I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great interview! I love the office, Riley! Especially the wall decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I didn't realised I wasn't following Riley on facebook. I blame Devon lol LOVE your books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely interview! Great office space, Riley - jealous that yours is so clean (mine isn't at all)! Hope you get to visit Ireland & Scotland someday - they are both beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview! Love getting to know my favorite authors better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview with Riley! Thank you both!

    ReplyDelete