Monday Feature

Monday, April 10, 2017

Monday Feature: Jordan L. Hawk



C.S.: What do you write?
Jordan: Mainly m/m paranormal historical romance, but I also have a m/m contemporary paranormal romance series (and one f/f novella).

C.S.: Why do you enjoy these genres?
Jordan: I’ve always been a history nerd, and I grew up reading fantasy, so it’s a lot of fun to combine history and magic.

C.S.: Tell us about your writing space.
Jordan: I’m lucky enough to have a home office. I work on a treadmill desk, set at 2 mph, because sitting on my butt 8 hours a day wasn’t good for me. I have small bookcase for research books I might need for whatever book I’m working on at the moment. I have fan art posted on one wall, and pictures of my covers ringing the room near the ceiling.

C.S.: What sort of work-related items do you keep at hand?
Jordan: I try to keep everything I need in the office. Research books, office supplies, calendar with my schedule on it, etc.

C.S.: What’s the weirdest item you keep nearby that’s not at all beneficial to writing?
Jordan: A companion cube my spouse 3D printed and then painted for me.

C.S.: Do you have any ‘good luck’ charms?
Jordan: Nope!

C.S.: What’s easily the most distracting item in your writing space?
Jordan: The internet. After that, the couch in the next room where I sometimes nap.

C.S.: Do you have any bad habits when you write?
Jordan: Not that I’m aware of.

C.S.: What time of day are you most creative?
Jordan: The morning. I try to do most of my writing then, before I run out of steam and just want to nap or goof off.

C.S.: Do you have any ‘helpful’ pets?
Jordan: Three cats: Savannah, Agatha, and Autumn. Agatha likes to sleep on the keyboard. Autumn chews on electrical cords to get attention, so every cord in my office had to be encased in plastic tubing.

C.S.: What do you do to de-stress or enjoy that’s unrelated to writing?
Jordan: I play video games to unwind. I’m a Bioware nerd, so mostly play the Dragon Age and Mass Effect franchises.

C.S.: Do you drink or snack while writing?
Jordan: Coffee is a must in the morning. I should probably drink more water in the afternoon.

C.S.: Listen to music? If so, does the soundtrack change with projects?
Jordan: I listen to music while plotting, and yes, each book does have its own soundtrack. Which means I’m constantly looking for new music!

C.S.: Question from the audience: If you could give advice to any of your characters, who would it be and what would you tell them?
Jordan: Don’t jump to conclusions about that dude you just met, because you’ll be banging him by chapter 15.

 
Release Date: 3/17/17

Blurb: An outbreak of demon attacks across Charleston has worn SPECTR agent John Starkweather to the bone. Now a new threat faces his team: a demon with bullet—and bite—proof skin, which can’t be stopped by ordinary means.

John’s only solace comes in the form of his lovers: Caleb Jansen and the vampire spirit Gray. Caleb and Gray have their own problems, however. Unbeknownst to John, they’ve been tracking a mysterious entity across the city. And after they finally come face to face with their quarry, nothing will ever be the same.






Author Bio: Jordan L. Hawk grew up in North Carolina and forgot to ever leave. Childhood tales of mountain ghosts and mysterious creatures gave her a life-long love of things that go bump in the night. When she isn’t writing, she brews her own beer and tries to keep her cats from destroying the house. Her best-selling Whyborne & Griffin series (beginning with Widdershins) can be found in print, ebook, and audiobook at Amazon and other online retailers.



Be sure to check out Jordan’s giveaway for a chance to win an e-book of any title from her backlist! (3) winners will be chosen.

Thank you for supporting indie authors. Leave your own questions or comments for Jordan!


C.S.
xo

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great interview, Jordan and C.S. I love Jordan's books. Every single one of them is a must read for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview - Thanks, C.S. & Jordan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have most of Jordan's books in paper since I love them so much! She is one of my must read authors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen a treadmill desk (I don't get out much, lol) but it sounds like an excellent idea! Although I would probably space out while plotting and forget to move my feet and end up on the floor ... heh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to get to know a bit of your writer's routine and space, Jordan!! I'd never heard of a treadmill desk before! Isn't it distracting? I'm trying to picture how you concentrate and type this way, but I can't! Lol!

    ReplyDelete