Latest Book

Latest Book

Monday, April 24, 2017

Monday Feature: S.C. Wynne



No offense to my pal S.C., but you’ll see I’ve put her answers under ‘Wynne’ because C.S. and S.C. was just too confusing for me, and that was after coffee!

C.S.: What do you write?
Wynne: MM Romance, MM Romantic Suspense/Mystery

C.S.: Why do you enjoy these genres?
Wynne: I like men. I enjoy writing male character more than women, maybe because then I’m taken out of the equation? But I do enjoy having a strong, female side character in many of my stories. Let’s keep in mind these male characters I create are fantasy men. These are not men I’ve ever actually met. Just like any romance novel or movie, these are pretend characters based on all the qualities we would love real life men to have.

C.S.: Tell us about your writing space.
Wynne: I split time between writing ON my bed and a desk in my kitchen. I used to love the tree outside my bedroom door but the gardeners killed it and now I’m sad.

C.S.: What sort of work-related items do you keep at hand?
Wynne: My Bluetooth earphones and Tums.

C.S.: What’s the weirdest item you keep nearby that’s not at all beneficial to writing?
Wynne: Salt. Maybe I’ve seen too many Supernatural episodes?

C.S.: Do you have any ‘good luck’ charms?
Wynne: I have  pretty little colored glass candle holder and I like to burn candles while I write. I’m not doing sacrifices or anything. (Not anymore.) But it smells nice.

C.S.: What’s easily the most distracting item in your writing space?
Wynne: My glider! It stares at me when I don’t use it! (And probably the TV.)

C.S.: Do you have any bad habits when you write?
Wynne: I tend to get distracted by research. I’ll go to look something up and an hour later, I’m still reading nonsense on the internet.

C.S.: What time of day are you most creative?
Wynne: Early morning. But I write from the moment I get up until 7pm at night every day.

C.S.: Do you have any ‘helpful’ pets?
Wynne: I have an immortal Zebra Finch. She will outlive us all. Her and her mirror. She thinks the mirror is another Finch. Also, she thinks she can sing. But she can’t. Her sounds are both terrifying and comical.

C.S.: What do you do to de-stress or enjoy that’s unrelated to writing?
Wynne: I watch The Real Housewives of New York while I exercise and I watch Shetland or Vera at night with my hubby while we eat dinner.

C.S.: Do you drink or snack while writing?
Wynne: Coffee. Oh, and sometimes I’ll have COFFEE. Plus occasionally, like every day, sunflower seeds.

C.S.: Listen to music? If so, does the soundtrack change with projects?
Wynne: I use BrainFM. I heard about it from Mark Dawson and it’s supposed to help you focus. I found a cheap lifetime membership deal on the internet. I also will put on Pandora sometimes. But real songs with lyrics often distract me and I want to sing along! Lol Me and my finch.

C.S.: Question from the audience: Of all your books, is there a title that doesn’t have a sequel, but that you’d want to write one for?
Wynne: The Cowboy and the Barista. People are most angry about how I ended that one. When I get the rights back, I will write a sequel. I promise. Put down the pitchforks people, I’m a woman of my word.


  

Book #1, cover for Book #2 not yet out
Hard-Ass Vacation
Release Date: 5/5/17 (ish)

Blurb: Senior Financial Analyst, Taylor Williams survived the embezzling scare at his firm, Peterton Financial, with the help of the gorgeous new Regional Manager, Phillip Daniels. Although Phillip suspected Taylor at first, their undeniable chemistry soon cut through those unfounded suspicions.
Now the two of them have embarked on a passionate sexual relationship during the holiday break. Holidays should be relaxing and stress free, but when you throw in ex-boyfriends, snow storms and bears, things get a little messy.

Buy links to come in May, available with all third party sites.


 
Author Bio: S.C. Wynne started writing m/m in 2013.  She loves writing m/m and her characters are usually a little jaded, funny and ultimately redeemed through love.
S.C loves red wine, margaritas and Seven and Seven's. Yes, apparently S.C. Wynne is incredibly thirsty. S.C. Wynne loves the rain and should really live in Seattle but instead has landed in sunny, sunny, unbelievably sunny California. Writing is the best profession she could have chosen because S.C. is a little bit of a control freak. To sit in her pajamas all day and pound the keys of her laptop controlling the every thought and emotion of the characters she invents is a dream come true.

If you'd like to contact S.C. Wynne she is amusing herself on Facebook at all hours of the day or you can contact her at scwynne@dslextreme.com


  
Join S.C. Wynne’s giveaway! One lucky reader will receive an e-copy of Hard-Ass Is Here and the sequel, Hard-Ass Vacation.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Thank you for supporting indie authors!


C.S.
xo

10 comments:

  1. I've only read one of your books to date, Cowboy and the Pencil-pusher! Enjoyed it quite a bit, looking forward to catching up with the rest of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that The Cowboy and Barista will be getting a sequel. One becomes attached to characters particularly when they are the first characters you've read from an author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I get super attached so I understand! lol Thank you for dropping by!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the interview. I loved the bit about your Zebra Finch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tanja! lol Thank you. She's sqawking right now.

      Delete
  4. You are a New-To-Me author. I like the look of the Cowboy and the Barista and Shadow's Edge. :)

    ReplyDelete