Monday Feature

Monday, June 19, 2017

Monday Feature: Leta Blake



C.S.: What do you write?
Leta: LBGT romance and fiction, though I’ve only published G & B so far.

C.S.: Why do you enjoy this genre?
Leta: As a genderfluid person, it allows me to explore aspects of my identity that my day-to-day life doesn’t always allow. As a person who has lived in this heteronormative, heterofocused world my entire life, LGBT stories allow for a wider scope for exploring humanity.

C.S.: Tell us about your writing space.
Leta: Ha! I tend to write in the bathtub. It’s awful for my back and yet I can’t seem to break the habit.

C.S.: What sort of work-related items do you keep at hand?
Leta: My phone so I can text fellow author friends when I have an urgent question. Otherwise, being in the bathtub like I am, I can’t keep much around me. Shampoo doesn’t do much for my writing. :P

C.S.: What’s the weirdest item you keep nearby that’s not at all beneficial to writing?
Leta: Dog shampoo!

C.S.: Do you have any ‘good luck’ charms?
Leta: Not related to writing. I have a necklace I wear when traveling because I believe it gives me safe travels. I have a ring I wear that represents my happy family. Otherwise, I don’t have any good luck charms.

C.S.: What’s easily the most distracting item in your writing space?
Leta: My computer itself with all its bings and chime and notifications.

C.S.: Do you have any bad habits when you write?
Leta: Checking Facebook or Twitter during a pause in creative flow. I can lose an hour or more doing that.

C.S.: What time of day are you most creative?
Leta: Between 11am and 3pm.

C.S.: Do you have any ‘helpful’ pets?
Leta: I have three dogs and they are so ridiculously helpful at making me open and close the back door forty to sixty times a day. It might remain closed all day if not for them!

C.S.: What do you do to de-stress or enjoy that’s unrelated to writing?
Leta: Read.

C.S.: Do you drink or snack while writing?
Leta: Not really.

C.S.: Listen to music? If so, does the soundtrack change with projects?
Leta: I used to always listen to music, but lately I find it distracting. But I always have playlists for projects that I listen to when driving, etc. It helps keep the mood/vibe of the story for me.

C.S.: Question from the audience: Tell us about your recent jump to audio, did you enjoy the process?
Leta: Umm, I’m going to say that I didn’t enjoy the process. I don’t listen to audiobooks personally because they make me sleepy, plus I can’t keep my concentration on them without wandering off and having to rewind, etc. The process of trying to find a narrator who sounded the “right” way was painful for me but, in the end, I believe I did find narrators who are beyond perfect for the books I contacted them for.


Release date:06/01/2017

Blurb: Training Season features an emotional and scorching romance between an elite figure skater and a rancher. Narrated by Michael Ferraiuolo.
"Does Training Season by Leta Blake live up to all it's crazy hype? IT SO DOES!" - Breann, Boy Meets Boy Reviews
Unquestionably talented figure skater Matty Marcus is willing to sacrifice everything for his Olympic dream, but his lack of discipline cost him the gold once before. Now the pressure’s on. He needs a coach who can keep him in line, but top coaches don't come cheap, and Matty can't afford to stay in the game no matter how badly he wants to win.
When a lucrative house-sitting gig brings him to rural Montana, Matty does his best to maintain his training regimen. Local residents turn out to be surprisingly tolerant of his flamboyant style, especially handsome young rancher Rob Lovely, who proves to be much more than a cowboy stereotype. Just as Matty requires a firm hand to perform his best on the ice, Rob shows him how strong he can be when he relinquishes control in the bedroom. With new-found self-assurance, he drives himself harder to go straight to the top.
But competition has a timetable, and to achieve his Olympic dream, Matty will have to join his new coach in New York City, leaving Rob behind. Now he must face the ultimate test. Has he truly learned how to win—on and off the ice—during his training season?

This book contains BDSM elements.


Additional Comments: I also have a new Omegaverse book out called Slow Heat! Just released in May! Buy link: myBook.to/SlowHeat


Author Bio: Author of the bestselling book Smoky Mountain Dreams and the fan favorite Training Season, Leta Blake's educational and professional background is in psychology and finance, respectively. However, her passion has always been for writing. She enjoys crafting romance stories and exploring the psyches of made up people. At home in the Southern U.S., Leta works hard at achieving balance between her day job, her writing, and her family.
If you'd like to be among the first to know about new releases, you can sign up for Leta's newsletter here: http://eepurl.com/bdn32H

Or you can find out more about her by following her on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/letablake




Don’t forget to check out Leta’s giveaway! She’s offering (3) reader’s choice ebook titles from her backlist!

a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thank you for supporting indie authors. Be sure to leave your own questions or comments for Leta!

C.S.
xo

3 comments:

  1. Was it hard choosing a narrator b/c no one really matches how you believe your characters sound?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Hi Josie! It was quite hard, actually! But it's a strange story. I was actually taking auditions for Will & Patrick Wake Up Married when Michael submitted an audition. He was so wrong for that book but I knew instantly that he would be perfect for Training Season. So I switched directions!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete