Latest Book

Latest Book

Monday, July 17, 2017

Goodbye, Zak

This morning I had to say goodbye to my sweet cat, Zak. He was rescued at nine months and was just shy of his eighth birthday. Zak had a lot of very serious medical issues during his time with me, but I was there with him through every surgery, shot, checkup, blood draw, and medication. It's still a bit of a shock, how sudden his health took a turn, and I wish this hadn't been the only way to end his pain, but sometimes animals just reach a limit.

I'll miss him a lot. We found one another when we both needed someone. He loved eating (and begging for more), sunbathing, his carrot and fishy toys, and had more nicknames than I knew what to do with. Mornings without Zak and his happy booty dance (don't ask) will never feel quite right, but he left me with a lot of beautiful memories.

I hope he knew how much I love him. And I hope he's living life to the fullest on the other side of the rainbow bridge.

Zak "Attack"
11/09 - 07/17

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry... My Lula is also a rescue cat, I brought her home at six month and she is now five years old. She's having a lot of health problems, I guess it is all a consequence of being underfeed when she was little... I understand what you are going through because I cannot imagine my life without her...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. And I'm sending kisses and good thoughts to your Lula! <3

      Delete