Monday Feature

Monday, July 3, 2017

Monday Feature: Charlie Cochet



C.S.: What do you write?
Charlie: I write romance in any and every genre that catches my fancy, from contemporary and historical to paranormal and fantasy. I’m probably most known for my paranormal romance which is one of my favorite genres to write.

C.S.: Why do you enjoy these genres?
Charlie: I love creating and writing characters, and when they capture my heart, I’m dying to tell their story. The type of story and genre comes second. For me, having the freedom to write in any genre is important. 

C.S.: Tell us about your writing space.
Charlie: I actually just redid my office, and I’m absolutely loving it! This is my sanctuary, where I write, go to be inspired, motivated, and connect with online friends and readers. It’s my space, and although I have quite a lot of knickknacks, it brings me peace, and brightens my day.

C.S.: What sort of work-related items do you keep at hand?
Charlie: I had a beautiful white and gold keyboard and mouse to go with the color scheme in my office, but sadly I spend too many hours using them not to have something more ergonomic. So now I have a split keyboard I’m still getting used to, and a trackball mouse which I love. I also always have water, my phone, and my planner. Those are the essentials.

C.S.: What’s the weirdest item you keep nearby that’s not at all beneficial to writing?
Charlie: I don’t know that I have anything on my desk that isn’t beneficial to writing. I have some decorative items, but overall, they make a difference in my mood. As an artist, and a very visual person, I like things to be aesthetically pleasing to me. It might sound weird, but I need my office to be organized, functional, and pretty.


C.S.: Do you have any ‘good luck’ charms?
Charlie: I come from a spiritual culture that believes in cleansing oneself and the space around you, getting rid of the negative, and drawing in the positive. I alternate between burning candles, incense, and using aromatherapy. I also Feng Shui my desk and office space. My office is busy, but not cluttered or messy. Everything has its place. 

C.S.: What’s easily the most distracting item in your writing space?
Charlie: He’s not an item, but he’s definitely distracting. Olly is my three-year-old Doxiepoo, and he’s quite demanding. When he wants a treat, he won’t allow me to work until he gets it. Same thing when he wants a cuddle. He also doesn’t like when they come to mow the grass and trim the hedges, which is every week. He barks his little head off.


C.S.: Do you have any bad habits when you write?
Charlie: Not getting up frequently enough. I sit long hours behind my desk, and it’s awful for my health. I get so absorbed in what I’m doing that I forget to get up, stretch, and move around.

C.S.: What time of day are you most creative?
Charlie: I’m not a morning person, at all, but I’m most creative early in the morning, or late at night when I get by second wind.  

C.S.: Do you have any ‘helpful’ pets?
Charlie: Again, Olly. He’s helpful in the sense that he’s adorable and always makes me laugh and smile. He’s spoiled rotten, and sometimes he drives me bonkers, but I love him, and how much joy he brings.


C.S.: What do you do to de-stress or enjoy that’s unrelated to writing?
Charlie: I hang out with my awesome besties. We all have demanding, stressful jobs so when we get together we can just relax, watch movies, talk, and laugh. I also draw, and have several TV shows I’m hooked on. I also work on my paper planner.

C.S.: Do you drink or snack while writing?
Charlie: Yes. I don’t snack very much, but I definitely drink a lot of water. I have an amazing GUS mug that keeps my water cold for 24hrs. I love it! I also drink coffee and tea with the occasional cookies for my tea.

C.S.: Listen to music? If so, does the soundtrack change with projects?
Charlie: I always write to music. The music I listen to depends on the story I’m writing, and often the scenes. Music features in my books a lot, especially the THIRDS series. Pandora is my BFF, and I create playlists on iTunes which I then recreate on Spotify for readers. Music has always been part of my life. I don’t think I go a day without listening to something.

C.S.: Question from the audience: Tell us the reading habits of any one of your characters.
Charlie: Sloane Brodie from the THIRDS reads a lot, and he’ll often be in bed reading when Dex is asleep. His schedule is crazy, and there’s always something going on with either his boyfriend’s shenanigans, work, his best friend Ash, and his team, but whenever he gets a few minutes, he’ll be reading. Sloane reads anything and everything. Whatever catches his fancy. Dex is more of a thriller, detective fan.

  
Release date: 08/16/2017

Blurb: Foxling Toka has served the Soldati king for centuries, and now he attends to the kingdom’s cherished Soldati prince. It’s a position of honor, and as Toka helps the once-human prince adapt to their magical realm, he finds joy in their friendship. He also grows bolder in his encounters with Rayner, Soldati warrior and the king’s second. But the laws are clear: servants and Soldati are not permitted to mate. It doesn’t matter that Toka lost his heart to the dashing cad long ago.
Rayner never imagined he would fall in love with a servant, but the clever and beautiful foxling has ensnared him, and he resents the regulations keeping them apart. When an arrogant and spiteful king visits from a neighboring realm, Rayner is in danger of losing everything. But Soldati warriors don’t surrender, and he intends to fight all the harder to keep Toka where he belongs—in Rayner’s arms.

Pre-order begins July 16, 2017 at Dreamspinner Press.


Author Bio: Charlie Cochet is an author by day and artist by night. Always quick to succumb to the whispers of her wayward muse, no star is out of reach when following her passion. From adventurous agents and sexy shifters, to society gentlemen and hardboiled detectives, there’s bound to be plenty of mischief for her heroes to find themselves in, and plenty of romance, too!
Currently residing in Central Florida, Charlie is at the beck and call of a rascally Doxiepoo bent on world domination. When she isn’t writing, she can usually be found reading, drawing, or watching movies. She runs on coffee, thrives on music, and loves to hear from readers.



Don’t forget to check out Charlie’s giveaway! She’s offering (3) e-copies of any title from her backlist!

Be sure to leave your own questions or comments, and thank you for supporting indie authors.

C.S.
xo

20 comments:

  1. Thanks for the fantastic interview and the pictures of your lovely working space. I had to chuckle when you said you don't get up from your desk enough. I got my husband an Apple watch and it beeps at him when he doesn't stand up every hour. And it works to get him up from the computer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the interview, Charlie. I love all your books, I could not choose a favourite... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for interviews, photos and giveaways! Love your office.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great interview! Loved seeing your writing cave. You have some incredible books and I really have enjoyed them all. I thought The Soldati Prince was pretty awesome as well as the Thirds series!! Thank you for the peak into your inner sanctum. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved seeing were you bring such amazing characters to life.πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’– Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved hearing more about your process, and seeing the space where all my favorite Thirds characters are created. I love your books and can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing about yourself and your characters! Loved the interview and seeing those lovely pics of your writing space!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all these little details about the writing process and environment. And I love that you have a doxiepoo. I love doxies in any form. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the interview, and wow, I love your workspace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always a pleausure read an Interview of Charlie ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the interview! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to the "Foxling Soldati"!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved the interview, and the photos :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love both of you ❤️ keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your office. I have the same philosophy, everything has a place. I can't wait for Mischa's book, in A Little Bite Of Love series to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was great seeing Charlie's writing space. Wish I could be so organized! Congrats on your newest release.

    nick442.nrs@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the lovely interview and sharing these little everyday things with your readers :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you all so much for stopping by, and for your wonderful comments!! <3

    ReplyDelete