Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Publishing anniversary

June is a pretty terrific month for me, even with all the mud 2020 has been flinging. It's my birthday (I mean, I'm just showing up for the cupcakes), Pride month, celebration of marriage equality, and it's also my publishing anniversary—fifth year!

I shifted my business model to 100% self publishing this year too, which allowed me to look at every single project while I got them organized and re-published under my company, Emporium Press.

From 2015 - 2020:

6 short stories
4 novellas
7 novels
1 anthology
11 French translations
1 German translation
7 audiobooks
(+2 novels, 1 novella being written)

Some of these numbers are still projects in the production phase (edits, audio QC, mid-translation, etc.) but there's so much behind-the-scenes work that I'm counting them all, even if they're not quite live yet. Anyway, it's not that bad of a backlist! I'm a slow creator, but I think I'm getting better at streamlining, now that me, myself, and I are the boss.

Thank you to everyone who has ever read or listened to one of my books. I'm afforded the incredible opportunity to write full time because folks like you support indie authors and the gay fiction genre. I've got plenty more stories releasing throughout 2020 and 2021, including a trilogy spin-off featuring Neil Millett from Snow & Winter, an all-new NYPD mystery series, as well as the rest of Magic & Steam and The Silver Screen. Heck, I've even got more than that simmering, but a girl's gotta keep her secrets.

Thank you again for believing in these books.

cspoe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment