Thursday, December 24, 2020

Happy holidays from C.S. Poe


2020 might not have been the year any of us signed up for, but it has certainly reminded me of how lucky I am to be graced with the folks I've met in this industry over the years.

To the readers. Whether you read me, have my titles on your TBR, or have no idea who I am! The publishing industry needs and appreciates you. I'd be telling these stories to my cats without your support.

To my fellow authors. Those I read and adore, those I admire and look up to, and those I've yet to meet. Keep working on your craft in these turbulent times, and never forget we too, are readers. We need the escape of a good book as well!

To the production teams. Those ladies who make me far more polished than I ever could hope to be on my own—you do incredible work. And to the teams behind some of my favorite creators in the genre, us authors salute you.

To the narrators. You all bring a special sort of joy to the industry. There's nothing quite like hearing characters you've constructed out of nothing, being brought to life by another human. You keep us entertained on commutes, during quarantine exercising and cleaning, and offer a service for readers who might not read with their eyes.

To the translators. You take financial chances on us and bring our work to audiences around the world. It's a gift knowing that someone in France or Germany or any other country, found happiness in our book after it was released in their native language. You do amazing work.

To the cover artists. Thank you for bringing yet another aspect our of ideas to life through a method that, at least for me, we have limited skills in. You make our books pop, stand out, and give us a chance at being read. Your art inspires me.

And happy holidays to every single person in between—the bloggers, the convention organizers, the assistants, spouses, and more! Now, more than ever, we all need love and support and understanding. Thank you so much, and my sincere wishes for a better New Year for all.


C.S. Poe

No comments:

Post a Comment